Friday, March 6, 2015

#SOL15 Day 6: so far the topic is still "whatever"

Updated Update: comments were closed because I went to the wrong page. I saw late posts on the right page, so checked: comments were still open. It's been a strange day. Update #1 posted here at 11:59 pm but comments were closed on the TWT page,. Maybe I can link this post in tomorrow's


Slice of LIfe  I am participating in the March Slice of Life Challenge: A slice a day for all of March.  Thank you, Two Writing Teachers! Visit the site to read some slices
…and so late that it will be a very short "whatever" at that. Once again my good intentions for morning writing gang awry. A friend had an emergency and called on me for help. That trumped writing, not to mention using the time I would have spent writing about it. Unlike yesterday, I did not have much in draft notes. 

I've been using 750 Words for shapeless morning writing, notes and general rambling. Today that shapelessness included the new GED tests, Democracy Chronicles, social media streams, using G+ like a blog and the weather. 

It was cold here this morning and the little adobe house was slow to warm up this morning. Yesterday was the same but it warmed up in the day. It's sunny and dry here, but there is something about this cold air that is particularly hard to breathe too. I have a lightweight cashmere scarf (wide enough to use as a shawl over my shoulders) somewhere in the pile of layers I keep handy. I could drape to cover mouth and nose so I don't breathe cold air

7 comments:

  1. Vanessa,
    I'm not sure what has happened with the timing and closing of comments-however, I'm glad you still posted. Hope things get to run smoother and you can get back to your writing soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, I taking it as a windfall ~ mind you, today has been much the same. I am worn out may end up setting a short post record

      Delete
  2. The needs of family and friends definitely trumps writing. All the best to yoou and her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly. This community seems to understand that priority better than professional colleagues.

      Delete
  3. At least you added something, I've been so busy at work planning for an upcoming meeting I missed a couple of days. Oh well, we will be okay, sometimes you write what you write. It's good that you helped a friend, that is always important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal, I've got my doubts about today though. My body is arguing hard for sleep and usually wins

      Delete
  4. I had to do a last minute post today as well. I haven't gone back to reread it yet - maybe I shouldn't! Smart to make draft notes. I always think I should do that, but then something new seems to happen just as I'm about to begin, so I write about that rather than what I 'd planned to write about. I like this spontaneous clip of writing!

    ReplyDelete