Tuesday, March 28, 2017

#sol17 Day 28/31

@MelanieMeehan1's #twtblog welcome note 
"Welcome to Day 28. I’m actually starting to have the withdrawal pangs that have set in for the last several Aprils. Anyone else?"
Yup, that explains a lot. I have a surfeit of what to write about but am not. Instead I wonder if a month of daily posts will bring me back to the precarious faculty blog, miscellaneous arts (formerly Mountainair Arts) or this one ready (able, willing) to blog on without the scaffolding of a challenge.

What do I take with me? That the conversations are as important as the content. Reading, commenting and responding are part of the process. I already knew that but needed reminding. Besides getting back with Tuesdays, I'm going to comment on more blogs, have more conversations in my different (so very different) areas of interest.

More about those areas tomorrow...maybe



2017 is the tenth year aka #sol17 of the Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOLSC) hosted by Two Writing Teachers (TWT). Slicers write and post a "slice of life" before the 11:59 ET deadline every day during the long month of March. The rest of the year, "slicers" write and post Tuesday slices. In between (and during) challenges, TWT features regular articles on writing and teaching.

During the month of March, a TWT slice icon tops my blog sidebar and usually another, but sometimes unofficial ones here -- 


Now read more Monday day 28 slices from the 10th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge

5 comments:

  1. Your insight "That the conversations are as important as the content" really resonates with me. I feel that connection, too, and I feel richer for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I strongly suspect that may well be the secret (or one of them) for blogging regularly after the challenge -- not letting the process get too away from being a conversation

      Delete
  2. I would agree! The conversations have, at least for me, played more important a role in this process than the actual writing! I have loved reading other comments written on my posts as well as commenting on other slicers' posts. This connection is the crucial part of this challenge that has kept me going. And I realize that if it's important for me, then that connection must be important for my students as well. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The daily writing is a challenge. For me the bigger challenge is the commenting. So many fascinating people and not enough time to get to know them. Blogging and commenting once a week is much more manageable.See you on Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time, Vanessa, with the Slice of Life. I am excited, like Terje, says to try something more manageable--once a week. That will be a huge challenge for me. Though, I used to blog more, I have let it slide since I moved overseas. Not sure why, but it's busier for me here, I guess.

    I have not made as many connections, for sadly during the last ten days, I've neglected my commenting.

    All the best as you dust off those online projects that have been in the background for you.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete