Tuesday, June 6, 2017

a #sol17 walk around the #Manor

out my front door, past Doña Catrina and tumbleweeds, down to the Manor office on 3rd Ave, around the corner, past front porch flowers to 2nd Ave and back home again to cat waiting in window near the back door.






Chaircat in the window, looking out over Columbines and the area outside my back door -- waiting for me



The smartphone saga has been long, frustrating and riddled with tech potholes. I took these pictures with the third and I sure hope final phone. I wanted to take pictures on my walks but was not doing it.  Today I did. That's my slice.

Slice of Life badge, in shape of an orange slice

Until March 2018 and the next month long challenge, Two Writing Teachers community bloggers share and comment on weekly slice of life posts every Tuesday by the same deadline. Writing habits and reasons vary but not the commitment or at least intent to blog and link a slice every Tuesday. If we miss the mark, there will be another next week. Read this week's Tuesday slices here.

6 comments:

  1. I applaud your trying to embrace the smartphone. Do you have Instagram? I have been trying to use it as documentation/accountability for my fit bit walks this summer. Thanks so much for the blog entry and photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celeste, I signed up with Instagram as soon as it let people w/o smartphones register. Now I need to connect it to iPhone (as soon as I change password and write the new one down somewhere). Yes, I do that too -- even after years of new to tech, non-traditional students not to.

      Delete
  2. thanks vanessa! I love your photos! I am so glad you have the phone. You are the smartest person I know so you will be an old hand at learning all the stuff it can do. Good for you!
    Jude xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read (many times) that learning new stuff keeps the mind young and staves off senile dementia. Plus, having been an early tech adopter since the 90s, I know that frustration goes with the territory.

      Ignoring the temptation of and exhortations to spend time on features I probably won't use (even if 98% of users swear by them) will be a challenge (but one I can manage -- after a lifetime of going my own way...)

      I'm looking forward to it.

      Delete
  3. Your post made me giggle. I hear your pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The convoluted process -- tech going awry, unintended consequences of those with doing the wrong thing, ISP and app makers not playing well together (imo a travesty of connectivity) and more -- would make a cautionary post or series all on its own. For now, my teeth need a break from gnashing.

      You're right though -- this plays best as comedy. "All's well that ends well"

      Delete