Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Would have been about #FOECast #sol18

…that was then, this is now. I set the post up this morning for today to be sliced as a #FOECast day that would also encourage teachers to check out the project, participate, add input. Despite an initial focus on higher education, the initial week of brainstorming brought up the importance K-12 to "furturing education." I'm working something resembling a prototype based on the interrelated research and archiving projects

Here's the most recent FOECast update and more readings. I'll spare you my full collection for now but hope to get back to to the subject later this month when I've got a better handle on prototyping. Some of my InoReader html clips and bundles might qualify.

Then my sorry rural connection told me around 8 pm this evening that my Blogger dashboard was not available. Eventually, it was. Everything you've read about rural bandwidth issues is true, no exaggeration. So this is it. For now. Not the "future of education" yet, but we're all still working on.  Maybe my prototype should include a bandwidth emergency plan. Together. IMO that includes interested education bloggers and slicers.


Two Writing Teachers host a weekly Tuesday and an annual March Slice of Life Story Challenge  (SOLSC). This is the 11th annual challenge. During March, SOLSC participants write and share daily blog posts,  and comment on three or more blog posts by other participants. Read today's (March 14, 2018) blog posts here. Most participating bloggers are K-12 teachers, often blogging with their classes.

Yesterday I blogged as a resident in a small town senior public housing community. The roles overlap -- intersect, if you will. T
his blog is not without it's advocacy role either, although less here than on other blogs, notably precarious life & times. All include education, information, and advocacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment