Scott Jaschik won this award for a set of 2008 articles in Inside Higher Education (IHE) on the rising use of adjunct professors. His articles focus on issus such issues as how colleges treat their workers, the impact on students of being taught by professors without tenure, and the effectiveness of unions and other groups that say they protect faculty interests. Links to the articles can be found here.
His winning entry included the following articles:
- "New Form of Adjunct Abuse”
- “Bias Against Older Candidates”
- “Tenure as a Tarnished Brass Ring”
- “Evaluating the Adjunct Impact”
- “Revolt in the Adjunct Ranks”
- “Exception to the Rule”