Find out how staying happy, healthy, socially-connected and active can help you age successfully, with this free online course....This course is relevant for adults who wish to acquire strategies for successful ageing. No previous experience or qualifications are required.
I like to think I already have a good handle on the topic -- all three aspects. Besides collecting aging/senior resources as an ongoing research project for myself and a local agency on agency, I'm checking out the course with an eye to recommending it to other High Plains Manor residents who might be interested.
Course design is a standard mix of videos, reading, short writing on a weekly question and online discussions. Conversations with other seniors from around the world are the best part. The first week's question is "What is age?"
• Week 1 explores your perceptions and attitudes about ageing;
• Week 2 focusses on improving your happiness and wellbeing, by defining what quality of life means to you;
• Week 3 places a spotlight on health and presents tips for increasing physical fitness, improving nutrition, and maintaining brain health through the years;
• Week 4 celebrates opportunities for staying connected by investigating the expectations you have set for yourself and by sharing your personal strategies for staying involved;
• and Week 5 is all about creative ageing, in which we explore the talents and contributions of older adults and share your accomplishments with the world.Between daily life in senior public housing (aka Senior Disk World) and maintaining a Facebook community page, Life in the Manor and points west about it. Aging (not just my own) topics keep coming and intersecting with the course. So I'm tackling both here and elsewhere under aegis of aging...has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Good title for another post in a series.
Slicing has moved from daily to weekly with Tuesday slices. Same submission schedule. On occasion, I start earlier in the day but am by habit, a Late Night Slicer and perennial Pantser. I quit worrying and embraced my inner owl and free for all blogging by the seat of my pants. Whatever your writing clock and blogging tendency, slice and share any or every Tuesday. Read today's Tuesday slices here.