Saturday, March 7, 2015

#SoL15 Day 7: #IWD is tomorrow

Today has been another disjointed day. It's been a long week. I'm too tired to unpack and debrief, not even as a therapeutic slicing topic. Instead I want to think about something else.



Tomorrow is International Women's Day. I'd rather think about that. Another friend (the three of us worked on walkout day together) pointed out how misogynist the harassment so upsetting to our third was. Her own recent run ins with misogyny in a service organization have fine tuned her radar. Sorry about the pronouns -- each reticent in different ways, neither friend is comfortable with being named. I'll think about making up names, writing about identities/public and private personae

I'll try not to ask, why just one day? We have to start somewhere. The 2015 theme is "Make it Happen!" or more formally (especially if you are an academic), "Empowering women."
t.

Slice of LIfe  I am participating in the March Slice of Life Challenge: A slice a day for all of March.  Thank you, Two Writing Teachers! Visit the site to read some slices

No comments:

Post a Comment