Monday, March 20, 2017

a #blogging inventory of sorts #sol17 20/31

Image result for blogging

blogging since 2006 on multiple blogs, I'd been worrying about a long blogging dry spell. That is one of the reasons why I'm slicing this month -- not the only reason but one that matters to me. A recent #sol17 slice that commemorated reaching the 500 post mark moved me to inventory my own blogging history. Most blogs have a three year life span: there are more inactive blogs out there in the blogosphere than active ones.

Maybe I will get to a more complete digital (not just blogs) inventory this month. Sparing you from inventory specifics, posts from multiple blogs on three platforms (Blogger, WordPress, Tumblr) come to a total of 6900 posts or approximately 435 per year, not counting micro-blogging (Twitter) or pseudo-blogging (Facebook). Hoorah! I'm still a blogger, dry spell not withstanding and look forward to where revived blogging will take me. I'll keep you all posted on Tuesday slices...

fyi I started out (and ahead of time at that) with some notion what i was going to write about tonight but forgot what that was by the time I finished revising the footer. Yes, it is more efficient and time saving to leave them the same but where's the fun in that? Not just a Late Night Slicer, I am also more Pantser than Planner...and accept that.

Read more of my #sol17 posts here. Recent ones are short but all have pictures. (TY @TheLogonauts for the tip about linking)


2017 is the tenth year aka #sol17 of the Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOLSC) hosted by Two Writing Teachers (TWT), The goal is to write and post a "slice of life" story before the 11:59 ET deadline every day during the long month of March. The rest of the year, "slicers" write and post  Tuesday slices. In between (and during) challenges, TWT regularly posts articles on writing and teaching.

2 comments:

  1. You just prompted me to pop over and see how many posts I've written myself. 388 on the current blog, 120 on the lapsed blog about our adoption, and who knows about the Xanga blog I kept the year we lived abroad a good decade ago? That's interesting, that 3 years is an average run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's quite a digital impression you are leaving!

    ReplyDelete