Friday, March 16, 2018

a quiet day at home #sol18

view from my back door, Apt 134, edited with van Gogh art filter
…the view from my back door at the Manor in the style of van Gogh, edited with LunaPic
A day off at home, this may sound strange to the rest of the slicers. Since I'm retired and managing life with pulmonary hypertension, most days are at home days aside from walking as much as I can when weather and breathing conditions permit.



Yesterday, as I blogged, was busier than usual, occupied online, mostly with education -- meetup, forum and research. Lately, projects have been mostly education and advocacy related. So my day off was not doing those. I caught up with my community page, friends and art -- looking and sharing. OK so art activism is one of my curation projects. Then I found and signed up for an online course on art and social movements. A taste for learning is a hard habit to break.

With art on my mind, I changed my cover picture at Life in the Manor and points west (my version of spring cleaning), noting,
Time to change out the snow picture (especially since this morning's spring snow didn't last very long). Greener would be nice but we're not quite there yet either... there's always the magical realism version from Google's Deep Dream Generator. That or another art filter version will be next. Maybe I'll use the picture in today's #sol18 blog post too. It's probably time to change the cover photo on my timeline as well...one last beach before spring.

Here's that picture, a magical realism version of the view from my front porch, my own computer generated art work,


It was too windy to walk, so I stayed inside. Good excuse not to do laundry. Napped. Tomorrow we have a pizza party. As soon as I finish here, I'll post a reminder on the Manor page. Looking for slices, I found just the picture for that too.



Two Writing Teachers host a weekly Tuesday and an annual March Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOLSC). This is the 11th one. During March, SOLSC participants write and share daily blog posts, and comment on three or more blog posts by other participants. Read today's (March 16, 2018) blog posts here

Today I'm going with a pizza slice for tomorrow's Pizza Party at the Manor. 

4 comments:

  1. Seems like your day off invited you to turn your creativity on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate
    your efforts and I will be waiting for your next post thank you once
    again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a head's up Anonymous, your reply has all the earmarks of a comment spammer. Don't expect the next step to pass muster. If you are a #sol18 blogger, sign your name -- the one you registered with for the blogging challenge.

      PS in case you haven't figured out that I have zero tolerance for comment spam, read this anti-spam rant

      Delete