Monday, March 19, 2018

slices make sandwiches too #sol18

ingredients for a make your own sandwich buffet
…for lack of a better title. One came to me earlier but left before I wrote it down. It might return or another come but maybe not. It's time to go with whatever ingredients I have at hand.

Sandwich in the footer excepted, I haven't done so well with a visual prompt either. So I'll run with sandwich -- make it a buffet. Ingredients are topics, ideas. Condiments, bread (staff of life or, in this case, format defining genre) and how we combine ingredients is up to both sandwich maker and blogger. Cultural influences and family memories influence choice of ingredients and bread or wrapper. The same could be said for the blogger's choice of topics, ideas, impressions, memories.

A stretch but, in view of the recent challenge, comments could be considered analogous to saying thank you and complimenting the chef

Food for thought indeed.



with slices of bread, cheese, meat and vegetables
Slices make a sandwich

Two Writing Teachers host a weekly Tuesday and an annual March Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOLSC). This is the 11th one. During March, SOLSC participants write and share daily blog posts, and comment on three or more blog posts by other participants. Read today's (March 19, 2018) blog posts here

Today's slice image is multiple slices stacked 
(bread, cheese, meat, vegetables, bread) in a sandwich: harmony in diversity, parts are better together than separate, more ingredients = greater complexity, etc. ~ all food for thought.

2 comments:

  1. Now I want a sandwich! My favorite sub sandwich place is Port of Subs. And it's the middle of the night! Torture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, a small Subway tucked into a gas station is all we have here in Yuma, Colorado. I picked the single sandwich for a change of slice icons. When my mind wandered to more sandwiches instead of a topic, I decided to make that my organizing metaphor.

      Since I was out of bread, I couldn't even make myself a sandwich...

      Delete