Thursday, March 15, 2018

due to an unforeseen schedule crunch #sol18

wall of six word memoirs

…the usual late post arrives early. No, I'm not morphing into a Planner (I don't have one) or an Early Morning Slicer. It's post now while the sun is still out or not at all. This morning I worked on research
projects and organizing collections before topics and browser tabs bundled on OneTab took over. I commented on posts -- here and elsewhere. Conversations beat lectures, maybe even stories, hands down and are the best part of blogging, social media and challenges.

Then came the weekly FTTE Forum -- live discussion and text chat. Today's topic was demographics and the future of higher education that economist and Forum guest Nathan Crawe has written about. The book is pricey but here’s a February 11 podcast interview with him.  That still leaves plenty of time in the day for a walk, a short nap and writing later.

I had also signed up for a 5:30 pm Learning Design meet-up -- more education geekery -- this one here in Colorado -- on tech innovations and designs. One of the hosts is in the #FOECast project too. Still plenty of time or so I figured. That was before my daughter called after a week holed up working at home, not calling and wanting to take me out to dinner later. She's coming around 7:30 pm. From her tone of voice, I can tell she's in a mood to talk. It won't be an early meeting.

I'd been reading six word memoir posts and thinking about trying them here. That's now more like a necessity. Tomorrow I expect to be back slicing late...

long day
tired eyes
close early



Two Writing Teachers host a weekly Tuesday and an annual March Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOLSC). This is the 11th one. During March, SOLSC participants write and share daily blog posts,  and comment on three or more blog posts by other participants. Read today's (March 14, 2018) blog posts here

Today I'm going with my 2017 "31 Day Writing Streak" badge to remind that what I did last year I can do again this year, even on days like today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment