Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Last slice... | #sol21 Day 31

 Made it through the month. I wouldn't go so far as to call 31 days of slicing and commenting the cure for pre-post-pandemic anomie (the contemporary version of a fin de siècle malaise) but it helped get me through the month and maybe even jump started dead blogging batteries. 

Illustrating "Yeats, Kipling, and ‘fin-de-siècle malaise’" in OUP blog


Today, was the HUD inspection, that's done. Was not up to getting as much done as hoped but did make a start and even substantial dent in decluttering and reorganizing. Whether I keep on with it is as much hoped for -- and in the air -- as blogging. 

On past last slices...turns out I skipped a challenge between 2015 and 2017, so this will make my fourth SOLSC not fifth. Either that or there was something wrong with my fingers when I came up with five counting on them. As for the 2017 last slice, I posted a selfie holding a small poster with a six word memoir, "Save the last slice for me").  This time I considered adding the "31 Day Writing Streak" badge but decided final slicing would not complete without the commenting (whether or not I comment more tomorrow and check WP Reader for reactions and replies). 

I'm tired, ready to curl with some good slices and call it a day.



It’s the last day of the 14th annual Slice of Life Story Challenge
 

to get more fresh last slices while they're still hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment